The Family Birth Center and Pediatric Services staff strives to:
- Be known in the community for providing a lifetime of compassionate quality health care to all those we serve by offering a continuum of integrated services that will enhance the health status and meet the growing needs of our community.
- Provide quality nursing care, flexibility in the care of our families and superior educational programs.
- Maintain the highest level of professional standards of practice which respect the cultural diversities and experiences of individual families and each other.
Our philosophy of care
- Family memories begin here.
- Women’s health care needs are unique and change throughout her lifetime.
- Family-centered care is the focus of our philosophy.
- By educating ourselves and our patients, we promote women’s health and wellness.
- Care is individualized to meet the unique cultural, spiritual, emotional and physical needs of the mother, infant and family.
- Competent and compassionate health care team members support the family by:
- Recognizing birth to be a unique, individualized, natural process
- Recognizing that open communication between health care team members is critical
- Committing to assist, counsel and care for expectant mothers, fathers and their families and to share with them the wonder of the birthing process
- Providing a professional team of nurses who have continuous accountability for the family from admission to discharge, through labor, delivery and the postpartum recovery of the family
- Women and their families need special and skillful encouragement throughout their whole life.
- We are dedicated to the highest standards of moral, ethical and professional conduct.
The Family Birth Center and Your Growing Family
We take the health of women in our community seriously and are strongly committed to providing the highest level of excellence in health care to women of all ages. Whatever stage of life you are in, we are working hard to provide the services you need.
Patient- and Family Centered Care
The birth of your baby represents the birth of a family as well. Your choice of where to deliver your baby is an important one. At the Family Birth Center, we recognize that this exciting time is filled with great expectations and many questions. We are dedicated to meeting your expectations with our state-of-the-art facilities and our experienced and committed staff.
Our Patient- and Family Centered Care philosophy recognizes the importance of the new relationships and responsibilities that come with having a child. The goal is to obtain the best possible healthy outcomes for all members of the family.
Through Mother-Baby care, you and your baby will be cared for by the same nurse in the comfort and convenience of your own room. Our top-notch nursing staff is NRP (neonatal resuscitation provider)-certified and provide personalized care for your baby at your bedside. Mother-Baby nursing promotes bonding and attachment between mother and baby by offering the education and support your family needs to welcome the new baby into your lives and routines. As a result, baby is happy, and you, the new family, leave the hospital more confident in your parenting and infant care skills.
Single Room Maternity Care
Families and new moms feel at home in our comfortable, spacious birthing suites. Following an uncomplicated pregnancy, your LDRP (labor, delivery, recovery and postpartum) suite becomes a private room designed to provide a nurturing and supportive environment for you, your baby and your family. Medically and technologically, the suites are also state-of-the art and highly equipped. Our Infant Security System provides added protection and safety for our patients and families.
Exceptional Services from An Exceptional Facility
The Family Birth Center includes 34 state-of-the-art, private LDRP (labor, delivery, recovery, postpartum) rooms. In addition to superior quality clinical equipment, each room is equipped with a refrigerator, sleeper sofas, adjustable lighting, TV/DVD/CD electronic system and an Internet connection. We also offer an “online nursery.” With your permission, a professional photographer will photograph your beautiful bundle, and the photo will be posted on our secure Web site, where you can direct family and friends. To learn more about these services, call 713-897-2380.
In the event that you have a high-risk pregnancy and need to be hospitalized for an extended period of time before you baby is born, we also provide specialized high-risk antepartum care. The staff of this 12-bed unit is trained to care for your needs and support you through any unexpected turn of events. They also help prepare you for the upcoming delivery of your child, so that you and your baby will achieve a healthy outcome.
To help make your childbirth experience as comfortable as possible, the Family Birth Center offers a full range of pain management options. Our healing environment includes an Early Labor Lounge, hydrotherapy spas, and a spacious Family Lounge with dining area to further enhance our home-like atmosphere. 24-hour epidural anesthesia is also available.
Childbirth & Pre-Registration
Thank you for choosing Memorial Hermann The Woodlands, pre-registration for childbirth is one of the best ways to prepare to welcome your newest family addition.
When visiting the hospital for appointments, scheduled tests or delivery, please bring your insurance card and identification.
Before 28 weeks of pregnancy, use our Online Pre-Registration Tool.
Once you have pre-registered using our online tool, you should also complete the following by the seventh month of pregnancy:
- Complete and sign Consent Forms in person in the Business Office.
- Be sure to discuss your childbirth and anesthesia options with your doctor well before delivery.
- If you are scheduled for a c-section, you must have your lab work done prior to your procedure. The pre-admission lab is located in the Star Lobby at our entrance off Medical Plaza Drive. For questions, please call (713) 897-5780.
For more detailed information as well as printable forms and related information please view Childbirth & Registration.