Kate Lindig Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
Our 40-bed Level III and Level II Kate Lindig Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) is located on the floor directly above the Labor & Delivery unit within Women’s Memorial Hermann. Offering exceptional clinical care for high-risk newborns as early as 23 weeks’ gestation, the multidisciplinary team combines their expertise to provide optimal care for each baby and each family. High risk infants receive continuous monitoring, observational support and specialized medical care, with skilled neonatology in-house 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Private Patient Rooms
The Kate Lindig NICU features 16 private patient rooms designed to accommodate the unique needs of parents and baby - or babies, up to triplets in the same room. The family zone in each room is equipped for overnight stays and features signature amenities such as a private refrigerator and wireless Internet access. Additional amenities include a shower room, nutrition room and comfortable lounging spaces. We encourage breastfeeding and have donor milk available if needed.
Your Healthcare Team
Your baby will be cared for by a multidisciplinary care team while in the NICU, all specially trained in treating the needs of premature and high-risk newborns. Team members may include:
- Neonatal nurse practitioner
- Nursing staff
- Respiratory therapist
- Clinical pharmacists
- Physical therapist
- Occupational and speech therapist
- Pediatric radiologist
- Cardiac sonographer
- Neonatal dietitian support
- Lactation consultant
- Case manager/communication facilitator
- Social worker support
- Child Life Specialist
- Pediatric anesthesia
Children’s Memorial Hermann Memorial City has more than 40 fellowship-trained pediatric subspecialty physicians on the medical staff who work in collaboration with the neonatology team to support the development and care of your child.
Access to the Children’s Transport Team
If needed, experienced emergency pediatric and neonatal transport teams will take patients to our Texas Medical Center hospital by ground ambulance or via Memorial Hermann Life Flight®.
- Located in the Memorial Hermann Tower designed with state-of-the-art technological support in a quiet, home-like environment
- 16 private patient rooms, each with a designated family zone for comfort and night accommodations
- NicView™ camera system to allow parents, family and friends to view their infant in a live stream through a secure online portal
- Wireless Internet access and refrigerators in each patient room
- Parent support areas, including a shower room, nutrition room and comfortable waiting areas
- Nursing substations between rooms
- Treatment room set up as a surgical suite
- Surgeries can be performed at the bedside
- Locked unit for increased safety and security. All visitors must be escorted by security to floor.
Additional Program Features
- Liberal visiting hours
- Infant CPR classes for parents
- Kangaroo care
- Donor milk available
- Bereavement program
Children’s Memorial Hermann at Memorial City
929 Gessner Road
Houston, Texas 77024
Children’s Memorial Hermann at Memorial City is located on the 4th floor of the Memorial Hermann Tower. Convenient, free parking is available in Garage Five.