Women's Center at Children's Memorial Hermann
Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center has been ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of the Top 50 hospitals in the nation for gynecology in 2010-11.
The Women's Center at Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center offers a broad range of maternity, obstetric/gynecological, and breast health services. They reflect a deep concern for our patients, a commitment to advanced treatments, and a dedication to health education.
The result is a family-friendly program of care and support – and a healthy dose of pampering and personal support.
Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center is the hospital of choice for maternity services in Houston. Our advantages range from exceptional staff and physicians to facilities and services that are among the best in the nation.
We provide a full range of high-quality facilities, technologies and services for our patients. These include:
- 35 beautifully appointed, modern labor, delivery, recovery and postpartum suites.
- A special antepartum unit that provides testing and monitoring - including ultrasound - during pregnancy.
- Fully equipped nurseries.
- Neonatal intensive care unit.
- Nutrition and educational guidance.
- Lactation support and consultation.
- In-room transition, allowing infants to remain with the mother immediately after birth rather than being "transitioned" away from her, as is often the case at other facilities.
- Spa services.
- Intensive and emergency care at Children's Memorial Hermann Hospital, which is located in the same building and provides high-quality treatment for infants around the clock.
A Warm and Supportive Setting
In addition to superior clinical capabilities, the Women's Center offers something else to expectant mothers: a feeling of warmth and compassion. It is at the heart of all that we do and can be seen everywhere. Our advantages include:
- Private rooms, which maximize intimacy, minimize disruptions, and help make your stay with us as comfortable as possible.
- Soothing surroundings, such as muted beige tones, accented with blues and greens that combine to create a tranquil environment.
- A homelike atmosphere that lets you rock your newborn to sleep in a glider chair and provides a comfortable, upholstered window seat for visitors.
- Immediate mother-infant bonding, allowing mothers and babies to spend time together right after delivery rather than requiring a four-hour separation, or transition period.
- Large bathrooms, which assure maximum ease and convenience for new and expectant mothers.
- Special amenities, including The Newborn Channel, which delivers free programming on baby care and postpartum topics right to your room, and personal birthday cakes the day after delivery.
- Valet parking until 9 p.m., after which patients can be dropped off at the emergency center and will be brought by wheelchair to the Women's Center.